Personal Auto Insurance

Your Insure Forward agent works with you to select the coverages and deductibles you need.

Some common types of coverages include:

    • Liability coverage of the personal auto policy provides protection against legal liability arising out of the ownership or operation of an automobile. The insuring agreement agrees to pay damages for bodily injury or property damage for which the insured is legally responsible because of an automobile accident.
    • Collision coverage provides protection against loss or damage to a covered auto or a non-owned auto resulting from the impact with another vehicle or object or vehicle upset. This also covers damage from potholes. Collision losses are paid regardless of fault.
    • Comprehensive coverage provides protection against any loss or damage to a covered auto resulting from loss other than a collision or upset, or a loss specifically excluded. This may include theft, fire, falling objects, hail, flood, vandalism, or contact with animals such as birds or deer. Be sure to ask your insurance professional about glass coverage, as options may vary.
    • Personal injury protection coverage (PIP, or no-fault) is required in ND and MN. PIP provide coverage for medical expenses sustained by you and your passengers after an accident, regardless of fault. Each party collects from his or her own insurance company. It applies only to bodily injury of the insured and not to property damage. No fault covers emergency room visits, rehabilitation, funeral expenses, and might help replace lost wages from work.
    • Uninsured motorist coverage pays for bodily injury to an insured who is injured by an uninsured motorist, a hit-and-run driver, or a driver whose insurance company becomes insolvent. Underinsured motorist coverage can be added to the policy to supplement the uninsured motorist coverage.

To request an auto ID card or report a claim, call your agent or visit our claims page.