Mobile Banking – Convenient, Secure and Free!*
Bank Forward is excited to introduce our newest way for you to stay connected and on top of your finances – our new Mobile Banking app! Handle your banking business anywhere and anytime you have your phone. With our new app for Apple’s iPhone or iPad and Android users, you will be able to check balances, transfer funds, pay bills, make deposits, and find the nearest Bank Forward location or surcharge-free Bank Forward or MoneyPass ATMs.
We are also excited to add our new Mobile Deposit service – now you can deposit checks simply by using our app and the camera on your smartphone. Get your checks into your account quickly - no more special trips or waiting for mail delivery.
You can also use the browser on your phone or any internet device to access your online banking through our website www.bankforward.com.
*Carrier charges for text messaging and mobile browser data may apply.
Mobile Banking App Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I download the mobile banking app?
A: Download the app on the Apple App Store or Google Play – search for Bank Forward.
Q: How do I start using my app?
A: Follow these simple steps:
- Touch the app icon on your home screen.
- Follow the on-screen guide by logging in with your online banking password. These are the same credentials you use when logging in to online banking on our website.
- For additional security, you will also be asked to create a four-digit passcode. The passcode will be required each time you launch the app. If you cannot remember your login information or the answer to your challenge question, please contact us for assistance.
Q: Are there any requirements to use the app?
A: In order to use the mobile banking app:
- You must be enrolled in online banking with Bank Forward.
- You must have: Apple iPhone® with iOS 5.0 or above or Android™ 2.1 or above.
MOBILE BANKING BASICS
Q: What is the mobile banking app?
A: The mobile banking app lets you access and manage your bank, bill pay and credit card accounts at the speed of life. That means you can pay bills, view transactions, transfer money, and make check deposits from anywhere at any time.
Q: Why should I use the mobile banking app?
A: The app gives you the ultimate freedom and flexibility to keep up with your busy life. When you have the mobile banking app, you can:
- Make bill payments anywhere. View all your upcoming bills, make payments and access your payment history.
- View transactions anytime. Get an up-to-the-minute view of your cash flow and finances in real time from your dashboard.
- Make transfers anyplace. Now you can securely move money between your accounts at Bank Forward.
- Make check deposits. Deposit checks to your checking or savings accounts using your smartphone camera (separate enrollment required).
Q: How does it work?
A: The mobile banking app consolidates your financial accounts into one simplified app that can be securely accessed at anytime, anywhere. This provides you with real time access to your bill pay account, bank accounts and credit card accounts.
Q: How does the app identify my upcoming bills?
A: The mobile banking app uses something called "predictive modeling." This analyzes recurring transactions and payment patterns to identify upcoming bills. As a result, you get a holistic view of your past and future transactions.
MOBILE CHECK DEPOSITS
Q: What are the qualifications to have Mobile Check Deposit?
A: You must have a deposit account that has been open at least 90 days, and your account must be in good standing (you must not have any returned checks on your account). You must also have an iPhone or Android phone with Bank Forward’s mobile app installed, a camera in your phone, and an internet connection.
Q: How do I enroll for Mobile Deposit?
A: From the menu on the app, select “Deposit” and complete the enrollment questions. You will need your account number, Bank Forward’s Routing Number (which is 091310864), the type of account that it is (checking/savings), and your email address. For additional security, we will review and approve your application, generally within 1-2 business days.
Q: What type of checks can be accepted for deposit?
A: You may deposit single party domestic checks made payable to the owner(s) of the account. You may not deposit third party checks, substitute checks, returned checks, incomplete checks, non-negotiable items, foreign checks, stale-dated checks, checks on which you suspect fraud, or altered checks.
Q: How much can I deposit each day?
A: Our standard deposit limits will allow you to deposit 5 checks per business day, up to and including $1,000 per business day, and up to $5,000 per month. Each check must be deposited separately.
Q: How should I endorse the checks that I deposit?
A: You should endorse the back of the check with the words “For Deposit Only”, and sign your name below.
Q: How will I know that my deposit has been received?
A: You will receive an email once your deposit has been submitted telling you that it has been received for processing. Receipt of your mobile deposit confirmation does not mean that the transmission was error free, complete, or will be immediately deposited to your account. If there is a problem with your deposit, or if a deposit correction needs to be made, we will send you a follow-up notification.
Q: What do I do with the check once it has been deposited through Mobile Deposit?
A: Please retain the check in a safe place for 5 calendar days after you see the check deposited into your account. This is to assure that you have the check until it has gone through the check collection system. After that, dispose of the check securely – we recommend cross cut shredding.
Q: When will funds be made available to me from deposits made by Mobile Deposit?
A: Our daily cutoff for Mobile Deposits is 4:00 p.m. Checks deposited prior to the daily cutoff will appear in your account at the end of the business processing day. Checks deposited after the daily cutoff or on non-processing days such as weekends or holidays will appear in your account at the end of the next business day. Provisional credit is not granted for Mobile Deposits.
Q: What are the fees for Mobile Deposit?
A: There are no fees for our Mobile Deposit service at this time.
Q: What else can I do with the mobile banking app beyond the basics?
A: The app has several additional features that will keep you on top of your finances. With the mobile banking app you can:
- Set up payment alerts to let you know when a payment is due
- Set up balance alerts to let you know when your account balance hits a certain limit
- See your balance history in a graph that shows your transactions
- Tag transactions to make it easy to search and locate your purchases
- Locate the closest branch or ATM for Bank Forward, or locate any MoneyPass ATM for surcharge-free ATM withdrawals
Q: How do I make a payment?
A: Follow the steps below.
- Select "My Bills" to see a full list of upcoming bills
- Select the bill you want to pay
- Click "Schedule a bill payment" and choose from the list of payees pulled from your online bill pay account
- Complete payment information and select "Submit"
Q: How do I add a payee?
A: Follow the steps below.
- From the “Bills” option on the menu, click the “$+” icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add either a business or person as a payee. The payee will need to be activated following the steps on the screen.
- Once the payee is active, you can schedule a payment to the payee using your app
Q: How do I tag a transaction?
A: Follow the steps below.
- Select "Transactions" and touch the transaction you want to tag
- Select "Add a tag"
- Create your tag and select "Save"
Q: How do I add my credit card account or other financial institution account to my app?
A: Follow the steps below.
- Select "Accounts"
- Select the "+" icon
- Start typing the credit card institution name in the "Search" box
- Select your institution from the list
- Enter your login credentials to add the account
Q: How do I transfer money between accounts?
A: Follow the steps below.
- Click the "More" tab
- Select "From" and "To" account
- Review and submit
Q: How can I use my app to find the nearest Bank Forward branch, or Bank Forward ATM, or MoneyPass ATM?
A: Select the "Contact & Locations" link on your mobile banking dashboard screen.
Q: How will I know when updated versions of the app are available?
A: Once you've downloaded the app, you'll be automatically notified of new versions when they become available.
SECURITY AND PRIVACY
Q: How secure is this app?
A: The mobile banking app is extremely secure. We use a variety of methods to ensure that all data is stored securely in our U.S.-based, world-class Tier-3 data centers. In fact, you can rely on the same security measures that we use for online banking. All of our services are "N+1 redundant," which gives you a deeper layer of protection and continuous reliable service. This includes facilities, networking equipment and the servers that host our app. In addition, our data retention and business continuity plans are comprehensive and our employees maintain organization security measures designed to keep your data safe. You should also know that at no time do we share your information with a third party or another financial institution.
Q: How can I prevent others from using the mobile banking app on my phone?
A: Upon initial setup, you will be asked to create a four-digit passcode. This passcode will be required each time you launch the app and can be changed in the app's settings. Please keep your passcode private for your protection.
Q: Who will see my bank information?
A: Only you will see your bank information. Your information is never shared with a third party or another financial institution.
Q: Is this app safe to use over Wi-Fi?
A: Yes, the use of the mobile banking app over Wi-Fi is no different than using it on your phone's data connection. All data is sent over an encrypted Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection.
Q: What happens if I lose my phone?
A: We can remotely wipe the mobile banking app to ensure your data is cleared from the phone. Please contact us for assistance if your phone is lost or stolen and you would like to initiate a remote wipe.
Q: What happens if I change my password in online banking?
A: If you update or change your online banking password, you will be asked to re-authenticate your identity within the mobile banking app. After successful re-authentication, you may continue app usage.